Friday, January 11, 2013

Robot Concept Art





In an effort to post more often I've decided to show more progress shots and concept work. One of the longest steps for me is solidifying the final look. I sometimes will skip this step and just throw a puppet together, however I am rarely pleased with the result. I also feel there is a great deal of satisfaction in seeing your vision come to life. Most of the time I will sketch out my vision and work from a drawing. Other times I will sculpt a clay miniature. This is a much longer process, but gives the advantage of seeing the concept in the round, making it easier to think about the puppet from all angles. Also, it's easy to make little changes to the model.




This a concept for an up-coming project. The final product should look close to other puppets I've made, however the eyes where giving me a lot of trouble. Fortunately, I was able to work out the kinks.


1 comment:

  1. Wow these models are amazing! Do you keep them some where or do get absorbed into the next model? Can't wait to see the finished product. By the way congratulations on the IMDB profile. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete