Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sewer Snake

I made this guy over the weekend and, honestly, it turned out better than I could have hoped. With that said let me tell you of my epic fail. I set out with this puppet to create a body for the snake that would bend easily but also appear smooth like a snake. I designed the foam like the ribs of a snake hopping to get the same movement, and then I glued coat hangers into the inside of the ribs for strength. After that I sewed nylon to the outside of the foam for form and then covered it with fleece and... FAILURE! It was too much, and there were wrinkles everywhere!

So I scrapped it all and just made a simple tight-fitting sleeve instead, and it worked fantastically.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the things we learn from our failures. He is adorable.